RUPRIís mission is to facilitate policy-relevant research and to facilitate public dialogue on issues of importance to rural regions. In its nearly two decades of existence RUPRI has contributed to a rapid growth in both research and dialogue and to a broadening of the policy issues viewed as relevant to rural people. This growth has created a need for more sophisticated tools for analyzing the broad array of policy areas relevant to rural regions.
The analytics program is supporting better rural and regional policy by expanding the variety and sophistication of tools available to social scientists interested in analyzing rural issues. RUPRIís Analytics program addresses this need by:
- Supporting the development and diffusion of analytic tools for rural policy analysts and educators;
- Supporting networks of rural policy analysts inside and outside of the Institute itself;
- Developing and maintaining high quality spatial databases;
- Creating and disseminating high quality technical material; and
- Coordinating the efforts of RUPRIís many issue-based programs.
The Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES)
CARES, at the University of Missouri, collaborates with RUPRI on many projects, including the development of a national interactive mapping application. Click here to visit the CARES website.
RUPRI Community Policy Analysis Network
The Community Policy Analysis Network is a national network of researchers who collaborate on building predictive models and tools to support better informed state and community policy making.
Link to CPAN page