2014-06-23 - New Brief from the RUPRI Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis
• New from the RUPRI Center for Health Policy Analysis: Update: Independently Owned Pharmacy Closures in Rural America: 2003-2013. Visit the RUPRI Center's website to view the paper.
2014-06-20 - New Book on Rural Wealth
• The book, Rural
co-edited by John Pender, Bruce Weber, Tom Johnson, and Matt Fannin,
has just been published by Routledge. The book is an outgrowth
of the collaboration that resulted from the 2011 National Conference on
Rural Wealth Creation and Livelihoods co-convened by the USDA Economic
Research Service and the Ford Foundation, and includes chapters by both
rural development researchers and practitioners
(but with more emphasis on research).
2014-06-09 - RUPRI President and CEO Speaks to Council on Foundations
• RUPRI President and CEO Charles W. Fluharty presents to the Council on Foundations 2014 Philanthropy Exchange in Washington, DC. Recommitting to Rural America: The Expanding Crisis of Rural Poverty and its Effects.
Also, for coverage of the event, click here for the blog post by Rick Cohen from Nonprofit Quarterly, June 12, 2014.
2014-05-08 - Recent Presentations by RUPRI Rural Health Panel Members
• Recent presentations made by members of the RUPRI Rural Health Panel: A Second Look at the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (Keith Mueller, Tim McBride, Andrew Coburn) | The Affordable Care Act and Marketplace Coverage: Implications for Rural Areas (Tim McBride, Abigail Barker, Leah Kemper, Keith Mueller) | Rural Health Strategies for a Value-Based Future (Clint MacKinney)
2014-05-01 - Senate Committee Testimony by RUPRI President and CEO Charles W. Fluharty
• Testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry; Subcommittee on Jobs, Rural Economic Growth, and Energy Innovation. Click here for the Written Statement for the Record.
2014-04-03 - Follow RUPRI on Twitter!
• Follow RUPRI on Twitter - @RUPRIpolicy
2014-04-01 - National Policy Programs Director on CSPAN's Washington Journal
• Watch RUPRI's National Policy Programs Director Jocelyn Richgels on CSPAN's Washington Journal, discussing rural and urban population trends. http://www.c-span.org/video/?318595-5/washington-journal-rural-urban-migration
2014-03-19 - RUPRI President Chuck Fluharty Testifies at an FCC Hearing
• Broadband Needs, Challenges and Opportunities in Rural America. FCC Rural Broadband Workshop, Washington DC
2014-02-03 - Financial Planning for Disasters
• Associate Director of RUPRI Analytic and Academic Programs, Dr. Matt Fannin (Louisiana State University) delivered a webinar and authored a workbook for the National Association of Development Organizations: Click here to visit the NADO website to view the webinar and download the workbook.
2013-11-05 - RUPRI State Rural Policy Roundtable
• PowerPoint presentation of the inaugural meeting of the new RUPRI State Rural Policy Roundtable, from November 5, 2013 in Lincoln, Nebraska